Monday, August 14, 2006

Music of the Spheres

Those from the tyme we sange hymns in churche may recall the old classic This Is My Father's World.
I love that song.
The first line and chorus are:

This is my Father’s world, and to my listening ears
All nature sings, and round me rings the music of the spheres
.

Not once. Never, has anyone either questioned nor explained the meaning of that phrase in my realm of knowledge/ experience.

I love the internet. I have done many searches and read much concerning these spheres and their music. Yes, most of it is garbage.

But now, lookahere.
The Shape of Song
Doesn't explain much, but it shows something. Something at the deep level. Something like the knowledge intuitively gained from looking into the stars at night.

And look at the obvious results of the mathematical applications to Bach and Beethoven.

1 comment:

jazzycat said...

Malchymist,
I wanted to thank you on your site for your input on my site. You certainly did not aggravate me as your profile claims you can do. The Bible very clearly calls us to do exactly what you did and that is to confront error. I had a wrong view on that subject and I am glad you pointed it out.

thanks,
Jazzycat